Institute of Management in Government
Institute of Management in Government (IMG), an autonomous body constituted under the auspices of the Government of Kerala to develop managerial skills, organizational ability, leadership qualities and decision making skills among different categories of employees of Government, Private and Public Sector. Designated as the Apex Training Institute (ATI) for the State of Kerala, IMG is now entrusted with the responsibility of training Government Officials. This responsibility necessitates developing detailed training plans for various Government Departments, networking of training institutions, poling of faculty resources, upgradation of facilities available in these institutions, etc. The Institute, located at the State Capital, Thiruvananthapuram has two regional centres, one at Kochi and other at Kozhikode to cater to the regional training requirements.
Objectives of the Institute
- To create awareness of the potentialities of modern management science as a major instrument for the development of the economic and social activities of Government.
- To develop managerial skills, organizational capability, leadership and decision making ability, development planning and in efficient implementation.
- To carry on research, operational and policy, to evolve ideas and concepts appropriate to the nation and fomulate policy alternatives.
- To foster, assist and support individuals, orgnaizations and institutions indirectly for the use of management science and
- To create social awareness and make it a genuine instrument for economic development and social change in the State as well as in the region.
Functioning of IMG
Apex Training Institute for the State of Kerala
Convener of the State Training council with a mandate to coordinate, network and standardize training functions.
Monitor and supervise the delivery of various training Institutes under the State of Government.
Have linkages with national and international organizations including World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund, United States Agency for International Development, United Nations Development Programme, Asian Development Bank and major Universities in research, training and consultancy.
Provides advisory functions for streamlining administration by undertaking policy research and studies.
Offers quality management and functional programmes for middle level and senior level functionaries (including All India Services)
Offers various training programmes targeted at different levels and for an array of Department.
Has a reputed track record for client orientation in providing handholding support for Government Departments in post training and post consultancy scenario.
Nodal Agency in preparation of citizen charter for all departments except Local Self Government.
Nodal agency for capacity building in Right to Information Act, 2005.
Secretariat for conferring e-Governance award for the Government of Kerala.
For over the last 30 years IMG has been engaging in activities for realisation of these objectives through training programmes, research, consultancy, publications, seminars, workshops and lectures by eminent persons from India and abroad.